<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://mybigfatgrainfreelife.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
My BIG FAT Grain Free Life: Changes Afoot!

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Changes Afoot!

So much has happened in the last few weeks!  We have 12 new additions to the family - CHICKENS!  You must understand, that for moi to have chickens is quite a feat.  I'm a city girl.  City girls don't have chickens. 

I started warming to the idea of fine feathered friends after buying delicious farm fresh eggs from a local farmer (now a friend).  She also raises the sweetest goats you've ever seen!  Yes, goats can be cute.  Who knew!

So, this farmer friend, known affectionately around here as "the goat lady" (she corrected me with "goat diva") kept telling me how easy it was to raise chickens.  My first thought was "get to know me" but I started warming to the idea.  My hubby (also city folk) went out to her farm, saw her set up and seemed to get bitten by the farming bug...well, chicken bug.
So, 12 girls later with four more on the way this week, we are official.

More changes are also afoot!  I'm moving the blog to Word Press and bought the (dot) com to my BIG FAT grain free life.  We'll have this site still up, but I hope you will check out the new and improved site!

Thanks so much for staying tuned and being so supportive!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At October 31, 2012 at 10:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea! I am a total city girl too and have had my chickens for 3 years. I can't say how much I love raising them and the fresh eggs. Have fun!

 
At October 31, 2012 at 10:30 PM , Blogger Jen said...

I can't believe I'm saying this - but we love it too! It's so relaxing to go out there and see them roaming around. I love to watch them and feed them. They've been so docile, we can hold them without getting pecked. My only sadness is we were so looking forward to naming them, but the breeds look the same to me. My kids can pick out a few that look different, but to me, barred rocks look all the same and the road island reds all look the same. We're getting three or four different breeds this week and I announced that I will be naming them!

Never say never!
Jen

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home